Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nativity Felt Board Scene

There are lots of printable nativity scenes on the internet, but I think the one at Activity Village is the best!  The peoples faces are so sweet, and I love the colors.   We haven't used our felt board in a while, but I brought it out for this advent activity. 




I printed the nativity characters onto cardstock and glued a small piece of sandpaper to the back of each one.  I was pleasantly surprised by how well they stick to the felt board. 




Here's a close-up of a wiseman since BOTH of our girls are going to be wisemen at church next Sunday!



Take a minute to browse the Activity Village website...there is A LOT of good stuff there!

7 comments:

  1. I have a Nativity Ideas linky on my blog and would love for you to stop by and link up this post! http://www.itsybitsylearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know of any way to print on to felt? Or could you have glued these to felt as easily as the sandpaper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sandpaper idea. I have never heard of using it with flannel boards. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did this with magnets and dollar stickers http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com/2010/12/easy-diy-magnetic-nativity-set.html
    Love your set. Going off to print one for our felt board (I love nativities and can't have enough of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link - I have been looking for a nativity set for our flannel board - this is perfect!

    For Michelle - I have printed on t-shirt transfer paper and then ironed it onto white felt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle- I think the cardstock would be too heavy for the felt to hold the figures to the board. However, I love the idea of printing on transfer paper and ironing onto felt...it's on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Now Christmas is over but I will probably print something else... Allt gott från Sofie

    ReplyDelete