Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Handmade Toss & Catch Toy


Here's another forgotten post that I just found saved in draft...it was written last summer. I think this is the last of the old posts. I guess I'll have to find time to start writing new posts again :)

I made this throw and catch toy for O months and months ago, and she is just starting to like it :) To make the toy, I cut a milk jug in half and put duct tape around the cut edge for safety. I attached rubber bands to the ball and to a hole I punched in the jug. Then I showed her how to toss the ball in the air and try to catch it in the jug. My 5 year old niece LOVES this toy, and now O does, too! (I think she was too young when I first made it...she was 2).

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog!
    So many great ideas and so easy to make!
    I am going to spend some time here, so I'd better grab some coffee.
    My best,
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, we'll make this, thanks.
    Karen
    Sippy Cup central

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy and fun - love these kinds of projects! I linked to this on my weekly roundup - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow , I just made this yesterday for Jr S, I got the idea from Activities for gross motor. She is still warming to it so lets see how she likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How simple and creative! My boys would love this! I will be making this soon for sure!

    ReplyDelete