Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Transferring Water with a Dropper

I introduced this work to O today. I set out 2 small glasses with the glass on the left filled halfway with water. I showed her how to fill the dropper with water and then release the water into the 2nd glass. She was interested, but she didn't stick with the task for very long. She kept forgetting to let go of the bulb once she squeezed it, so she was not getting much water in the dropper. I hope she'll enjoy this work more when we try it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have seen other blogs doing the water dropper activity with their kids and some have added food colouring to the water. This may help O in identifying when she has water in the dropper.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this just the other day with a small eye dropper. The colored water really helps with seeing where the water levels are. We use shot glasses too because the eye dropper is so small.

    ReplyDelete